Although they didn’t go watch in person due to the stormy/rainy weather, Sharron and Val watched some of the Amgen Tour of California which rolled through Sacramento this past weekend. As many of you know, Lance Armstrong came out of retirement this year to ride in this race. His campaign, “Hope Rides Again,” is dedicated to those living with cancer and cancer survivors, so it was an extra-special year for this race, to us and others. Danielle went to watch part of Stage 1 on Sunday (2/15) near Lake Berryessa. Lance’s campaign supporters handed out chalk for people to write messages on the road, targeting the messages at those affected by cancer. We’ve included some of Danielle’s pictures here, including one of her next to Sharron’s name that she and friends wrote with the chalk, which we hope all the riders saw! Yay!
Sharron:
ReplyDeleteIt is good to know of your continued progress. You are an overcomer, so don't sweat any little set backs in energy. Kathy and I pray for you often. It's good to hear you and Val have been able to get out a bit. Great pictures!! You obviously have great kids who love you much. This is a testimony to the good mom you have been!!!
God Bless!!
Phil and Kathy
Hi Sharron,
ReplyDeleteI hope you had a good weekend. I thought about you last night as I was watching the Academy Awards. I love Hugh Jackman.
Have a good week.
Love,
Shelly
Hi Momma,
ReplyDeleteGood to hear of your progress. I have been out sick for over a week. Yuck! We miss you and want to see your face! I have been having dreams of you! Bye for Now. Ashley says Hi! Love Lesley