Sharron and Val in Glacier Bay, Alaska (July 2007)

Alaskan sunset!

All aboard to Alaska!

Sharron and Debbie in Tahoe (July 2008)

Michelle, Sharron, and Danielle - Christmas 2007

Wedding - Summer 2008

Monday, January 19, 2009

Week 2

This was a good week for Sharron and her family. Sharron and Val's sister Annie had a Golden Globe party last Sunday night and were in positive spirits for her next treatment. This week's medication was called a "push", which is a shorter duration of chemo.  This was a smaller dose of Velcade over a 30 minute period.  Sharron responded really well and was feeling significantly stronger after Wednesday.  Her mobility is getting better and better, meaning less assistance from others, which is great progress.  A physical therapist has been coming to the house periodically and working with Sharron on exercises to keep her active. Her appetite is not where it should be but she is doing great at trying to find foods that appeal to her.  We're hoping to get a few more pounds back on her soon!
This past weekend, Sharron, Val, and John (Val's brother) took a couple of drives to get out of the house and enjoy the nice weather.  Saturday they went to the River Walk area and to Clarksburg to walk around a bit.  Saturday night they enjoyed a hearty steak dinner and the Cal/Stanford men's basketball game at the home of Debbie and Bill (Sharron's sister and brother-in-law).  Sunday they ventured out again, this time to Folsom Lake at Beale's Point.  It was a busy weekend but a great one.  Sharron really loved the change of scenery and getting some sun and fresh air.
This next week will be a rest week from chemotherapy.  We are hoping to accomplish some fun activities with her and enjoy her "week off"!

11 comments:

  1. Dear Sharron,

    I'm so glad to hear of your progress. All of us are praying for you and, well, just rooting for you. Getting out in the countryside is so good for the soul. Glad you were able to enjoy our early sunshine. Get well. We miss you!
    Marion

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Mom!
    I am so glad to hear that you are doing good! I enjoyed looking at the pictures and know you will be able to take even more wonderful vacations real soon. I thought of you last week when I watched the Golden Globes. Now for the OSCARS. Love to you and of course I am always thinking of you and miss your little face. Bye for now. Love Lesley.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Mom:

    We miss our mama soooooo much! I'm so glad to hear about how well you are doing. It's good that you are able to get out in the wonderful sunshine sometimes. Just know that you are always in my thoughts and prayers. There's not a day that goes by that I don't think about you and your beautiful smile.

    Love you,
    Laureen ~

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sharron,

    We miss you so much! We are happy that you are eating and getting stronger-Now that you can enjoy getting outside, it has started to rain-perhaps you brought good luck to our drought! Know that you are WELL LOVED by each of us, and that you are in my prayers each day.

    Blessings,
    Trisha

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Sharron...your TA here...just wanted to say you are in my prayers daily and Debbie informs me of your progress every day. Hope you are feeling better each day and will back to your old self real soon...try to take advantage of your rest time and enjoy it as much as you can, as you will be back in the rat race soon enough! Take good care..Susan N

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Sharron! :)
    I hope you get better real soon. You are in my prayers on Sunday. I know that you are a very determined and strong person and you will fight this. See you soon! Love, Ashley Rose
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Sharron,
    I just wanted to let you know that I am thinking about you. This blog is great for all of us. I am so thankful that you are feeling better. Keep up the good work.
    Love,
    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Sharron,
    Many blessings to you!!! Everything is fine here and your desk just wanted to say hello and it misses you. Lots of love

    Shelly

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Sharron-

    I am glad to hear they have figured out exactly what you a dealing with so that you are able to make progress in your recuperation. I know you have a strong will, and your family is there to support and help you. Please know that all of us at SF would love to help in any way we can so just let us know how we can do that. I miss my morning chats with you and we can't wait to have you back again. The girls are doing well...keeping us on our toes as I am sure you can imagine. We went to Disneyland in December with the extended family, about 20 of us. Faith loved it, and especially liked Thunder Mountain Railroad. Miley liked looking at all the lights and color, and listening to the music. She wasn't so sure about the characters. Three of the pictures on the Christmas card we sent were from Disneyland.

    You are in my thoughts and prayers often and I look forward to see your smiling face soon.

    Love, Koko

    ReplyDelete
  10. I miss you so much and I think of you and send prayers and positive thoughts your way each and every day. I so look forward to these updates and love hearing that you are feeling stronger and your family is obviously taking great care of you. Keep up the good work and the positive attitude! It's working!! :)

    Much Love, LoriA

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hey kiddo...
    just got the link from Donna. Sure glad to hear your doing better, you looked so sad at Christmas. We've been getting updates from Donna and Brenda and will now check here too. Let us know if you need anything. I know were sort of far away for daily assistance but we will keep sending lots of positive energy your way.
    love ya... cousin D & Mona

    ReplyDelete